June 7, 2021

FORUMS

Is the Holy Supper that is often celebrated the Passover?

Author
Zdim
Date
2021-11-19 01:31
Views
A certain group is arguing as follows to oppose the New Covenant of the Passover of the Church of God.

"The Passover, which should be commemorated forever, was not changed from the Passover of slaughtering animal sacrifices to the Passover of eating bread and wine, but was replaced by the frequent celebration of the Lord's Supper in the New Testament?!"

In the New Testament, it is not commemorated by the date, but by the ceremony, so is there no ceremony in the Old Testament?
Just as there were commemorative dates and commemorative rites in the Old Testament, which is the model, there are also commemorative dates and commemorative ceremonies in the New Testament, which is the substance.
If only the Lord's Supper is to keep the Passover, then even in the Old Testament, which is a model and a shadow, slaughtering a sheep on any day, rubbing blood on doorposts and lintels, and roasting meat must be keeping the Passover.

The New Testament does not say to celebrate the Passover on any day, but specifies the date.

Matt 26:17 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"
And the Apostle Paul specified the date of the Lord's Supper as 'the night the Lord was arrested'.

1Co 11:23~ For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread,
and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."

The night the Lord Jesus was arrested was the night of the Passover on the 14th day of the first month of the holy calendar.
The Lord's Supper is to be commemorated on the evening of the 14th day of the first month of the holy calendar, the night on which the Lord Jesus was arrested, whenever we eat and drink bread and wine, which signify the flesh and blood of Christ, until the coming of the Lord's death.
Total 15

• 2021-11-19 06:53

We should know just bread and wine can't give us eternal life. Only the Passover bread and wine which we partake on 14th of Jan. in sacred calendar, contain the promise of God and give us the blessing of eternal life!

• 2021-11-19 11:42

The Passover is also called the new covenant. Jesus came as Lamb of the Passover. He came to fulfill the old testament. Apostle Paul proved that he was not under the old testament but the law of Christ. That is the new covenant. Saints who are to be saved keep the law of God the new covenant. We have the law to keep in this age.

• 2021-11-19 12:43

2000 years ago, Jews kept the law of Moses, so when keeping the Passover, they slaughtered the lamb of the Passover, and took the blood of the Passover, put it on the the sides and the tops of the door frames of the houses, and ate the meat of the Passover lamb. This was way to keep the Passover in the old testament times. However, in the new testament, Jesus came to fulfill the law for our salvation. That's why He established the Passover of the new covenant with bread and wine to forgive our sins and to give eternal life instead of slaughtering the Passover lamb. In this age, we should keep the Passover of the new covenant. Then, when should we keep the Passover? Is it every Sundays? or no need to keep it anymore in this age? No way! The Bible says that we should keep the Passover at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month by sacred calendar, that is, Jews calendar. When keeping it, we can get the promise of Jesus through the Passover.
    I'm so thankful to Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother for allowing us to keep it.

• 2021-11-20 11:38

Jesus was the one who set up the New Covenant to observe Passover. If you truly believe in Jesus, shouldn't you also obey the teachings of Jesus, who waited until the date reached and showed the example of observing the Passover on January 14th?

• 2021-11-21 01:41

Amen. We can just believe what the Bible said. We should only focus on the words of the Bible. The Bible said there is a certain date of the Passover. It's the evening of the 14th day of the first month of the holy calendar. In the world, only the World Mission Society Church of God keeps the Passover correctly.

• 2021-11-21 11:05

What day is the actual date of Passover.
    According to bible the Passover day is 14th of January in Jewish calendar.
    So old testment time and new testment time Jews keep Passover 14th of January in Jewish calendar.
    Then nowadays which church keep the Passover correctly?
    Only World mission society church of god.
    If you want to learn more please check WMSCOG.
    May god bless you.

• 2021-11-21 12:07

God's feasts have exact dates according to the holy calendar. The New Covenant Passover is the evening of the 14th day of the first month by the holy calendar. Feasts should not be observed on a day arbitrarily decided by a man. Through the history of the time of Jeroboam in the Old Testament, we can clearly understand.
    Today, the only church that keeps the Passover according to the Bible is the Church of God.

• 2021-11-21 12:56

The Passover is a festival of God. Just like a festival in any custom, the Passover has a designated time and regulations to keep in and with. When people says that it can be celebrated in any time and in any way, they are making a big mistake. Through the bible God is rebuking those who do not keep the Passover in the proper manner given by God. They are dishonoring the words of God. And through the regulations they made for themselves they cannot receive the blessings of God promised on the night of the Passover by God. Let us keep the Passover at God's appointed time.

• 2021-11-21 13:01

The Passover has a exact day that is on 14th,Jan, evening by sacred calendar that was specified by God must not be changed

• 2021-11-21 13:20

The Passover should be celebrated on 14th of January by sacred calendar!

• 2021-11-21 13:38

Salvation comes from God's promise! By the Bible, the Passover of the new covenant is the only way to receive the forgiveness of sins along with the eternal life. The Passover bread and the Passover wine are not are not the way to eternal salvation by themselves. We can receive eternal life by keeping the Passover because Christ Jesus gave us the Passover promise. That is, it's of no use to keep the Passover without faith on Christ Jesus.
    This is the same in the age of the Holy Spirit. When we keep this Passover with firm belief on Christ Ahnsahnghong and God the Mother, then, we'll be given the eternal salvation. Those who do not believe in Elohim God will fail to receive eternal life even though they celebrate the Holy Supper.

• 2021-11-21 13:38

I celebrate my friend's birthday on the birthday of my friend. I don't celebrate it on the day when I want.
    The Passover is the covenant of God which is made for our salvation!!! How dare can we change the day of the Passover by our convenient? We must keep the Passover on the day that God specified!!

• 2021-11-21 13:42

2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ taught us to keep the New Covenant Passover to get the eternal life and guide us into the kingdom of heaven. then when should we keep the Passover to get the forgiveness of sins according to Jesus' instructions. The Bible testified us the Passover have exact date when we must celebrate it on 14th of January by sacred calendar once a year by which we will go back to the heaven receiving the eternal life from God.
    If you want to learn more about this, please visit to the WMSCOG. May God Bless You~

• 2021-11-21 13:47

If it's okay to observe any day, why worship on Sunday? What is Christmas on December 25th?

God did not say that He will bless you on any day. It is said that you will receive blessings on the seventh day, and the annual feasts have a definite date, and Jesus kept that day.
    I do not know these things myself, but Christ Ahnsahnghong revealed all these things.
    Seeing this, we can believe that Ahnsahnghong is the Second Coming Christ.
    Seeing this, we can believe that Ahnsahnghong is the Second Coming Christ.
    Thank you again to God Ahnsahnghong who has blessed us through the New Covenant Feast.

• 2021-11-23 07:58

We should keep the New Covenant Passover to receive salvation. Then when is the Passover? The date of the Passover is 14th day of the first month of the holy calendar. Jesus also kept the New Covenant Passover on this date. So, we should celebrate the New Covenant Passover 14th day of the first month of the holy calendar!