June 7, 2021

FORUMS

The truth of the Passover in WMSCOG is amazingly important

Author
Grace
Date
2022-09-29 14:48
Views
We do know that the Passover in WMSCOG is an amazingly important truth for going to the Kingdom of Heaven. Through today’s subject, we can understand the importance of the Passover and where we’re at the prophetic point. In the Old Testament times, the Israelites were freed from Egypt and entered Canaan after 40 years in the desert. This was a prophecy and was fulfilled that the saints of the New Testaments times would be freed from the sinful world and would enter the heavenly Canaan, the Kingdom of Heaven after living in the desert of faith. In the Old Testament times, Moses and the Israelites kept the Passover only 3 times from they were emancipated from Egypt until they entered Canaan. This is a prophecy that the Passover will appear only 3 times from the time of Jesus until we enter the Kingdom of Heaven, the heavenly Canaan. Let’s study this one by one through the Bible.

Ex 12:5-14 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover. “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

This is the scene where God allowed the Passover to the Israelites for the first time. They were freed from Egypt by keeping the first Passover and went to the desert. This was a prophecy and was fulfilled in the New Testament times.

Lk 22:15, 19-20 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

This is the scene where Jesus kept the Passover of the New Covenant with His disciples. On that day, Jesus established the Passover of the New Covenant with His blood. Because He came to this earth as the Passover’s Lamb. Just as the Israelites were freed from Egypt and went to the desert by keeping the first Passover, the saints of the New Testament times were freed from the sinful world and entered the desert of faith by keeping the Passover of the New Covenant established by Jesus Christ.
Total 0