June 7, 2021

FORUMS

The Passover is a commandment commanded by God

Author
Martin
Date
2022-07-15 06:51
Views
The reason why the Passover is important is that it is God who established it.

In the Old Testament times, the Holy Father, Jehovah, commanded to keep the Passover as an eternal commandment for all generations.

Exodus 12:10-14
“… it is the LORD's Passover … The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. ...for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD -a lasting ordinance.”

Even in the New Testament times, Jesus, Holy Son, commanded us to keep the Passover.

Matthew 26:17-19
“On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"
...My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house...
So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.”

The Passover is an important feast that God has commanded to keep regardless of the age.

In the Old Testament times, the primary purpose of God's command to keep the Passover was to liberate the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
And the ultimate purpose was to lead the liberated people to Canaan. The same is true in the New Testament.

God commanded us to keep the Passover in order to liberate God's people from slavery to sin and death and lead them to heaven, the spiritual Canaan. wmscog
Total 2

• 2022-07-15 06:55

if we are God's children, we have to obey the word of God.
    God commanded us to keep the Passover. We just follow the word as God commanded.
    We have not to add our own thought to the word of God.
    Everything that God prepared is for us.

• 2022-07-15 15:11

If there is no Passover to us, we cannot have eternal life through God the Father and God the Mother. God has allowed us to keep the Passover, the way of forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Let's find all the brothers and sisters who were with us together in heaven. God the Father and God the Mother are calling us to come to Them and receive the water of life.